MISSION: What we DO as a Church…
Terrigal Presbyterian Church exists to glorify God by growing in God's grace and reaching others for Christ.
VALUES: What really MATTERS to us as a Church…
• Prayer; We value prayer as a priority which undergirds all decisions and activities of our church; demonstrating and teaching this within our congregation (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
• Preaching; We value preaching that is biblically based, preached in sincerity and truth with passion and joy so that our understanding of the word can be put into practice (2 Timothy 4:2).
• Fellowship; We value meeting together and fellowship among the believers, encouraging all to use their gifts for mutual encouragement and growth of the body (Hebrews 10:23-25).
• Discipleship; We value discipleship that teaches, mentors and matures people in their knowledge and love for Christ, acknowledging the cost of commitment in being His followers (Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 8:34).
• Children, Young People and their Families; We value children, young people and their families within our Church family, seeking to nurture them in the Lord and encourage the use of their gifts in Christ's service. We seek to provide a range of activities for children, young people and their families within a safe, child-friendly environment (Mark 10:14).
• Evangelism; We value outreach that is gospel focused, based on love and relevant to our times (Matthew 28:18-20).
• Pastoral Ministry; We value pastoral ministry for a diversity of ages and life situations that provides compassionate support and concern (Galatians 6:2).
• Small groups; We value small groups centred on Bible study, fellowship, prayer and hospitality (Acts 2:42).
• Support for Ministry; We value support for ministry that empowers and equips people to serve, ensuring open communication, ongoing training, and appropriate resources, finance and facilities for effective ministry for Christ (Ephesians 4:11-15).
VISION: What we will BE as a Church…
God willing, our vision for Terrigal Presbyterian Church in the next 3-5 years is for us to be a church family:
• That underpins everything with prayer to God our Father through the name of Jesus and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
• Committed to nurturing and discipling adults, young people and children to live out the gospel of God’s grace in everyday life.
• Built up by excellent Bible teaching that is true , faithful and Christ centred.
• That praises and thanks God through joyful worship in song, word and deed, depending on Jesus in all things.
• Nurtured in Bible study, fellowship, prayer and hospitality through small groups.
• Providing love and respect, trust and open communication, showing the light of Christ, in a place of refuge, safety and hope.
• With a heart for the lost that is actively engaged in evangelism that is gospel centred.
• Welcoming and accepting outsiders through offering friendship, support and the love of Christ in the midst of life’s challenges.
• Committed to building relationships with children, youth and their families where they are continually nurtured and challenged to work out in practical ways what it means to follow Christ.
• That empowers and equips current and future ministries so that they are sustainable and able to grow, through providing resources, facilities, training and additional workers, for the benefit of our own congregation and the wider church.
At TPC, we seek to care for people in everything we do. This includes taking very seriously two important areas;
At TPC we respect people's privacy and always seek to comply with federal privacy legislation. Any information that we collect is only used for church purposes.
TPC is being proactive in protecting the welfare of children and adults by fully implementing 'Breaking the Silence'. This is the abuse prevention policy and procedures of the Presbyterian Church of Australia in NSW.
More information you can look on the Presbyterian Church of NSW Child Protection Unit Website, or contact them via phone (02) 9690 9324.